Cupping Therapy has been utilized as an alternative form of medicine for over 5,000 years.
It uses cups or pods on your skin to create suction.
Benefits of Cupping Therapy?
- Reduces pain
- Reduces inflammation
- Improves blood flow
- Promotes relaxation
- Promotes diffusion of oxygen and nutrients
- Promotes lymph drainage
- Improves body awareness
- Improves motion
- Promotes nerve mobility
Types of Cupping:
- Massage cupping: combines massage and cupping
- Dry cupping: cups are applied in an area for a short period of time
- Flash cupping: cups are applied and removed quickly
What are the red marks left behind by the cups?
- Natural healing response of your body
- Usually fades within minutes, hours but may last longer depending on your skin type
- The red marks are not bruises, just your body’s normal histamine response resulting in a red discoloration
What are the benefits of combining Physical Therapy & Cupping?
- Cupping will provide benefits listed above and followed up with corrective PT exercises and hands on care will help to reduce pain, symptoms, and improve function.