Updated: Sep 15
Cupping Therapy has been utilized as an alternative form of medicine for over 5,000 years.
It uses cups or pods on your skin to create suction.
Benefits of Cupping Therapy?
- Reduces pain
- Reduces inflammation
- Improves blood flow
- Promotes relaxation
- Promotes diffusion of oxygen and nutrients
- Promotes lymph drainage
- Improves body awareness
- Improves motion
- Promotes nerve mobility
Types of Cupping:
- Massage cupping: combines massage and cupping
- Dry cupping: cups are applied in an area for a short period of time
- Flash cupping: cups are applied and removed quickly
What are the red marks left behind by the cups?
- Natural healing response of your body
- Usually fades within minutes, hours but may last longer depending on your skin type
- The red marks are not bruises, just your body’s normal histamine response resulting in a red discoloration
What are the benefits of combining Physical Therapy & Cupping?
- Cupping will provide benefits listed above and followed up with corrective PT exercises and hands on care will help to reduce pain, symptoms, and improve function.